You already understand the importance of marketing, but do you understand the importance of content marketing?
It’s one of the most successful and cost-effective marketing tactics available, but you must have a good strategy in place to get the most out of it.
Review these new content marketing campaign ideas for 2022 and recommendations on how to properly use them before deciding on your next marketing strategy.
What exactly is content marketing?
Content marketing is a marketing strategy that focuses on developing and distributing relevant content in order to generate new business. This strategy differs from conventional methods such as direct mail and pay-per-click advertising.
Content marketing often takes the following forms:
- Study of cases
- How-to manuals
- Testimonials and feedback
- Content created by users
You may use any of them alone or develop full content marketing campaigns that employ several forms of material to reach a larger audience.
What what is a content marketing campaign?
A content marketing campaign is a focused strategy to content creation. You will create material around a certain subject or product and distribute it across several channels.
For instance, you might develop a landing page for a new product and then publish a blog article explaining various ways to utilize your product. You will be able to share that article or landing page on numerous social media sites in order to increase its potential readership.
There are several techniques to developing a content marketing campaign, but some typical examples include:
- Blog series on industry news: this is a very effective strategy if you’re in the B2B area. You may capitalize on industry developments by developing a blog series centered on the changes. Find methods to connect your goods or services to industry trends.
- eBooks on relevant topics: eBooks are useful for marketers who have more professional advice to provide than is suitable for a blog. You may go deeply into themes that your audience will appreciate with an eBook. Make it downloadable and demand your viewers to provide an email address in order to get access.
- New product video tutorials: If you have a new product or service, a video tutorial is an effective approach to deliver important information to your clients. You may emphasize essential characteristics and demonstrate creative, out-of-the-box applications for your product or service.
These are just a few ideas for content marketing initiatives. One of the best aspects of content marketing is its adaptability: you can design a fully unique campaign and distribute it across numerous channels.
Produce captivating videos that can help your brand
Your brand is your company, and content marketing is one way to build on the aspects that distinguish your brand. You may make movies on almost anything, such as product highlights, forthcoming events, and even a message from the CEO. This email marketing from Filmsupply is an excellent example of how to include your brand’s aesthetic:
Create eBooks that provide essential industry advice and information
An eBook may be preferable if you have considerable material on a certain subject. Long-form blog material produces nine times more leads than “short-form” blog content, and eBooks are one option for expanding on information in both long-form and short-form blog articles. They also contribute to your industry authority. Consider the following Flywheel example:
Make tutorials that will attract people back to your website
The primary purpose of most marketing activities is to drive people back to your website. Tutorials are an excellent method to establish trust with your clients and entice them to return to your site. For optimum effect, host a lesson on your website and then distribute it through email and social media campaigns. Make use of your imagination; tutorials are an excellent way to develop video content for marketing efforts.
Create how-to instructions that will pique your audience’s curiosity
A how-to guide, like a lesson, is material that adds value to your audience. A tutorial is often something you’d write on your own goods or services, but a how-to guide may be written on nearly any subject related to your company. How-to guides may also provide opportunity to connect to other information on your site. Consider this Crew example:
Ideas for content marketing campaigns to deploy in 2020
With at least a dozen content sources and multiple methods to distribute it, developing new content marketing campaign ideas in 2020 might be challenging. It may seem like everything has been done before, but that doesn’t mean you can’t generate distinctive content that attracts visitors.
Before you create your next content marketing campaign, consider the following three recommendations for establishing cost-effective and highly productive campaigns:
- Request input from your present consumers: Your current customers are a terrific source of feedback. You may conduct a poll to see what kind of material they value the most. This is also an excellent moment to inquire about the themes they would want you to address.
- Examine your marketing trends: Your most recent marketing initiatives provide another chance to determine what sort of content you should write. Examine which landing pages and blogs have the most engagement and conversion rates.
- Examine the material of your competitors: Your rivals may be using content to entice new clients. Examine their websites and blogs to discover what kind of material they’re producing and how they’re distributing it to their consumers.
Spend additional time developing your content marketing strategy since it is vital to your success. If you currently have one, think about upgrading it to reflect the latest trends.
You want to strengthen your brand and generate fresh growth via content marketing efforts. With the appropriate methodology, you can create a marketing strategy that makes use of the most successful sorts of content. Before you begin your next campaign, keep the following crucial points in mind:
- The greatest form of content for your company will depend on your industry and target demographic.
- When feasible, host material on your website to increase the visibility of your site.
- Content marketing must provide value to your present and prospective clients.
Creating content marketing campaigns takes effort, but it’s well worth it to produce new leads and increase your ROI.