“Email is a push channel, so we need to push it to work harder”– Kath Pay
Email is the most effective channel for growth, but it also requires a lot of commitment. Stick to the basics, follow the appropriate methods, and wait patiently. Write emails to dominate your competition and take the crown home!
If you’re not sure about doing so, here are 12 tried-and-true tips:
- Identify your target audience: It is pointless to send emails to people who don’t require your services. Remember, no matter how well you write an email, it will never impress your audience if they aren’t looking for the service you offer.
So, first and foremost, understand your target audience and try to identify their point of concern. Otherwise, no matter how badly you try, your email will end up in spam alongside other unnecessary emails.
- Use a formal email address: When you send a business email, the recipients won’t know you but your organization. So, always use a professional email address when sending a business email.
A formal email has two parts, a username, and your domain name. It’s ideal to use your name as the username and your domain name after the ‘@’. Also, don’t forget to customize your account. Upload a profile picture and make it human.
- Add a signature: Include a signature at the bottom of your email as well, with some basic information such as your role at the company, a website or social media link, and so on. It’s best to avoid emojis and inspirational quotes!
- Prioritize your subject line: It takes about five to seven seconds for your emails to make an impression! Professional email marketers entice their recipients to click right away with unique and creative subject lines.
So, prioritize your email subject line to skyrocket your conversions. Be truthful, concise, inventive, and direct. Don’t just make a promise that you can’t keep.
- Use a friendly tone: Talk like a friend, not like a master! Instead of imposing your will on someone, let them decide what they want to do. Don’t give the feeling that you’re making decisions on their behalf.
Use a friendly tone when writing an email. Even if you’re asking your audience to make a decision that’ll benefit you, try to encourage and recommend them. Help them understand how your offerings will assist them and ask them to make a decision that’ll benefit both.
- Be precise and straightforward: Most people don’t have the time to read a lengthy email. So, get to the point quickly, address their problem, and tell them how your service will assist them in resolving it.
We recommend using the ‘why, how, and what’ formula. First, pique their interest, then demonstrate how they can overcome it, and finally, explain what benefits your service will provide in this regard and seal the deal!
- Use bullet points: Your recipients will appreciate how quickly they can grasp your message. Using bullet points can be helpful in this regard. When contents are segmented and organized, they become easier to skim and understand.
- Be confident: Make a confident appearance in your clients’ inboxes. People prefer to hear from experts rather than novices. They dislike hearing from someone unsure of his statement.
Don’t show any hesitation to your recipients. Maintain assertiveness and authenticity, and make a bold statement.
- Personalize your emails: To send bulk emails without spamming, you must personalize them. It is one of the key factors that will keep you well ahead of your competition. You will significantly improve conversions by tailoring your message to a specific audience.
So, research the people you are writing to. You can use these proven email personalization techniques to personalize your emails.
- Obey the laws: Before you can write an email, it’s important to know who you are permitted to send emails to and how to send emails that won’t end up in spam.
To keep your email marketing compliant, you must also understand spam laws such as the CAN-SPAM Act, GDPR, CASL, etc.
- Employ an effective email marketing tool: A good email marketing tool will be a blessing for you. From collecting email addresses to adding them to a list, segmenting them, and sending automated, sequenced messages, an email marketing tool can smoothen your job significantly.
As a beginner, you may be nervous about using these tools, but an expert never misses an opportunity to make the best use of them. Consider using an all-in-one marketing solution to make your job easier and more effective.